DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE AND POLICY
If you believe that content available on or through our Website infringes one or more of your copyrights, please immediately notify our Copyright Agent by mail, email or faxed notice (“Notification”) providing the information described below, which Notification is pursuant to DMCA 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that content located on or linked to by our Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney. Our Website has a policy of terminating repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
All Notifications should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications should be sent to our Copyright Agent as follows:
MLL Design Lab, LLC (“Company”)
Address: 1035 Cambridge Street, Suite 1, Cambridge, MA 02141 USA
Email: [email protected]
We also will advise the alleged infringer of the DMCA statutory Counter Notification procedure described below by which the alleged infringer may respond to your claim and request that we restore this material.
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from our Website and/or our service as a result of mistake or misidentification, you may submit a written counter notification (“Counter Notification”) to our Designated Copyright Agent pursuant to DMCA 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(2) and (3). To be an effective Counter Notification under the DMCA, your Counter Notification must include substantially the following:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which our Company is located.
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the party that filed the Notification or the party’s agent.
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
You may submit your Counter Notification to our Copyright Agent by fax, mail, or email as set forth above.
If you send us a valid, written Counter Notification meeting the requirements described above, we will restore your removed or disabled material after 10 business days but no later than 14 business days from the date we receive your Counter Notification, unless our Copyright Agent first receives notice from the party filing the original Notification informing us that such party has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the material in question. Please note that if you materially misrepresent that the disabled or removed content was removed by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney’s fees. Filing a false Counter Notification constitutes perjury.